Mobil 1™ FS 0W-40
Keeps your engine running like new
Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic motor oils deliver exceptional performance and protection for vehicles of all ages and for all driving conditions – normal to extreme.
Mobil 1 oils keep engines running like new by helping:
Combat sludge and deposit buildup
Control oil breakdown
Mobil 1 motor oils offer a full range of temperature protection: For cold starts, the oil keeps flowing as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit, and it can withstand high temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
In fact, Mobil 1 is the World’s Leading Synthetic motor oil brand, recommended by more car builders and used by more NASCAR® teams than any other brand of motor oil. What’s more, Mobil 1 oils meet or exceed the toughest standards of Japanese, European and U.S. car builders.
Please reference our Mobil 1™ Product Guide for a quick look at specifications including zinc and phosphorus, as well as manufacturer approvals for Mobil 1 motor oils.
Features and benefits
Advanced full synthetic formula
- Helps prevent deposits and sludge buildup to enable long engine life
- Provides overall lubrication and wear protection performance for many driving styles
Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability
- Delivers outstanding performance during the maximum oil change interval recommended in a vehicle’s owner’s manual. Read our guarantee.
- Offers superb viscosity control
Excellent low-temperature capabilities
- Support quick cold-weather starting and ultra-fast protection
- Help extend engine life and reduce stress on starting system components
Specifications and approvals
Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 synthetic motor oil meets or exceeds the requirements of:
API SN, SM, SL, SJ
ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4
Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 has the following builder approvals:
VW 502 00/505 00
According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 FS 0W-40 is of the following quality:
VW 503 01
Viscosity, cSt (ASTM D445)
MRV at -40ºC, cP (ASTM D4684)
HTHS Viscosity, mPa•s @ 150ºC (ASTM D4683) 3.6
Total Base Number (ASTM D2896)
Sulfated Ash, wt% (ASTM D874)
Phosphorous, wt% (ASTM D4981)
Flash Point, ºC (ASTM D92)
Density @ 15.6ºC, g/ml (ASTM D4052)